Isn’t this Ice Castle that Disney built gorgeous? And to see this majestic piece of ice with a backdrop of Time Square was beautiful!
Here’s the facts on Disney’s Ice Castle: ( And sadly it is no longer standing – it was truly for a limited time only just like the Limited Time Magic Disney will sprinkle for guests in 2013. Ice does melt and I can tell you it was melting away already by 12 noon yesterday!)
- The ice castle stands 25 feet tall, 9 feet deep and 15 feet wide.
- It was created using 45,000 pounds of ice – 267 blocks of ice in all.
- The castle was first assembled into 37 pieces, then boxed and driven to Times Square to reassemble.
- Each of the 37 pieces was lifted into place by a 15-ton crane.
- Construction took 12 hours as craftsmen worked around the clock to erect the castle.
This was truly a spectacle to see.
Here’s a link to my video and photos of the Disney Ice Castle in Times Square for the Limited Time Magic press event.
Go behind the scenes with this video below to learn how Disney actually carved this giant Ice Castle: